Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pruning Prioritites: How To Cope With Too Much To Do

Heat Mapping, The Get It Done Guy, Quick And Dirty Tips, Too Much To Do, Priorities, Sorting out you Commitments, am writing, time management, The Realm, D.M. Kilgore, Writing Tips, Productivity, Tips Tricks and Tools for Writers
Writer On Fire!

Heat Mapping Boosted My Productivity...

 

But, I still have days when I can't get it all done.

Of course, I should know by now, there is no "get it all done", but I'm an OCD perfectionist with a stubborn streak. I'm going to die trying.


I spent yesterday going over the "now what?" as I gazed at my "ran out of time" notes next to "writing".

Wasn't time for writing the whole reason I cleared my day of "nonsense" and mapped out my hot zone? Yes. Yes it was.

Clearly, a map to my hot zone needs a compass to go with it. I did some research and tried to find yet another "tool" to pair with the wonders of Heat Mapping.

I think I found it.

Stever Robbins, aka the "Get It Done Guy" at Quick & Dirty Tips, has a great post about "Coping With Too Much To Do".

I was hooked by:

When you’re overwhelmed with ongoing demands, you have limited options. You can start doing a crappy job at everything, you can try to do everything and instead become a basket case, or you can choose something to drop. - See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/relationships/professional/coping-with-too-much-to-do#sthash.Ao4HQL1B.dpuf

When you’re overwhelmed with ongoing demands, you have limited options. You can start doing a crappy job at everything, you can try to do everything and instead become a basket case, or you can - See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/relationships/professional/coping-with-too-much-to-do#sthash.Ao4HQL1B.dpuf
BAM! That's the stuff!

That sounds like me! I'm overwhelmed with ongoing demands! My options are clear. I refuse to do "crappy". I'm already a basket case. It's time to DROP something.

But what?


Luckily, Mr. Robbins goes over that too. He suggests writing down your life goals and then dropping anything that doesn't work towards those goals. Basically, you take your ongoing commitments and match them to your life goals. If something doesn't match, you drop it like it's hot. I'm a total "Get It Done Guy" groupie now. I've penciled in some time to pour over his posts and bask in his wisdom!
Check him out, you'll love his tips!

Anyhoo... That's my next step. I know when I am most productive, but I need to be sure that my productive hours are spent on commitments that will help me reach my life goals. It's time to drop the commitments that aren't feeding my dreams.

Note To Self:


When the clock says, "WRITE" it's time to write. Unless what I'm running behind on relates  to, promotes, supports, or benefits my writing career it needs to be dropped. End of story. Thank you and goodnight. Drop mic and exit stage left.


 

• ○ • YOUR TURN! • ○ •


How do you prioritize your commitments?
Do you have trouble "dropping" something?
Share your tips and thoughts below!

 

 

Sharing is Caring and Commenters are Winners.

Heat Mapping, The Get It Done Guy, Quick And Dirty Tips, Too Much To Do, Priorities, Sorting out you Commitments, am writing, time management, The Realm, D.M. Kilgore, Writing Tips, Productivity, Tips Tricks and Tools for Writers,February Prize Pack, Ghirardelli, Giveaway, Top Commenter
Top Commenter For February Wins A Ghirardelli Goodie Pack!

Comment below, subscribe above, and show me some love.
You'll be automatically entered for a chance to win a monthly prize pack when you do.

 

 

Pruning Priorities: How To Cope With Too Much To Do, D.M. Kilgore, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore, Writer Blog,Heat Mapping, The Get It Done Guy, Quick And Dirty Tips, Too Much To Do, Priorities, Sorting out you Commitments, am writing, time management, The Realm, D.M. Kilgore, Writing Tips, Productivity, Tips Tricks and Tools for Writers
D.M. Kilgore
Writer, Literary Hitwoman, and Crash Test Dummy.

I'm D.M. Kilgore. 

 

Writer, Literary Hitwoman, and Crash Test Dummy. 

 

I hope if you're struggling to balance it all today's post will be just the thing you need to get you back on track and in tune with your potential!

I have benefited so much from this method already and I can't wait to tweak it to perfection. 
Have you tried heat mapping yet? Let me know how it's working out for you! And, if you have tips on time management- my ears are always open to suggestions!


Visit often! This site is updated with new content at least three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday). Sometimes you'll find me here on Tipsy Tuesday or Thriller Thursday. I might even share my Saturday Shenanigans.


Subscribe today and you'll never miss out!

 

 

 Life's A Collision Course

Brace For Impact!
D.M. Kilgore, Writer, Official Website, Phoenix Realm Publishing, The Realm Blog, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore, Writer, Author. Literary Hitwoman, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore, D.M. Kilgore, The Realm, Heat Mapping, The Get It Done Guy, Quick And Dirty Tips, Too Much To Do, Priorities, Sorting out you Commitments, am writing, time management, The Realm, D.M. Kilgore, Writing Tips, Productivity, Tips Tricks and Tools for Writers
© 2015 D.M. Kilgore A Phoenix Realm Publication
Content cannot be copied, reprinted, reproduced
or used in any way without the express permission of D.M. Kilgore. 
All work on this website and companion blog are copyright protected
and unless otherwise stated are the sole property of
D.M. Kilgore and Phoenix Realm Publishing

All Rights Reserved






















When you’re overwhelmed with ongoing demands, you have limited options. You can start doing a crappy job at everything, you can try to do everything and instead become a basket case, or you can choose something to drop. - See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/relationships/professional/coping-with-too-much-to-do#sthash.Ao4HQL1B.dpuf
When you’re overwhelmed with ongoing demands, you have limited options. You can start doing a crappy job at everything, you can try to do everything and instead become a basket case, or you can choose something to drop. - See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/relationships/professional/coping-with-too-much-to-do#sthash.Ao4HQL1B.dpuf
When you’re overwhelmed with ongoing demands, you have limited options. You can start doing a crappy job at everything, you can try to do everything and instead become a basket case, or you can choose something to drop. - See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/relationships/professional/coping-with-too-much-to-do#sthash.Ao4HQL1B.dpuf
When you’re overwhelmed with ongoing demands, you have limited options. You can start doing a crappy job at everything, you can try to do everything and instead become a basket case, or you can choose something to drop. - See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/relationships/professional/coping-with-too-much-to-do#sthash.Ao4HQL1B.dpuf

2 comments :

LaDonna Cole said...

You are the busiest person I know. I have a question, though. Isn't spending time being this dude's groupie just adding to your 'TO DO' list? ;) I hear ya, though. I smell what you're steppin' in, amiga. I need to take a sledge hammer to some of my lesser productive time eaters.

DM Kilgore said...

Well... If I "groupie" during my allotted "N-PB-R" time- not really, right? LOL

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.