Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Dear Bloody Diary, Monday Needs A Makeover!

D.M. Kilgore, Dear Bloody Diary, Monday Needs A Makeover!, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore, Making Over Monday, Monday Motivation, Musings, It's What you LOOK for that matters, Can't Beat Monday? How to join Monday on YOUR terms, Am Writing, Blogging, Writer, Blue Monday, I Hate Monday, Monday Or Me?, Myths, Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down!
Awww Kitty!

I've been trying to cancel Monday for a month.

 

I underestimated Monday's determination to mess up my week.


It's cold. It's spitting ice all over the place. The power lines are looking scary. The Internet keeps going out (which is probably not weather related since it happens daily here in hole-in-the-wall-ville). My website is down and tech-support isn't sure why.


Did I mention it's cold




My body is trying to convince my brain that a hot bath, a warm bed, and a few hours with Netflix never hurt anyone. My brain isn't putting up much of a fight at this point. After all, no Internet means I can't do 60% of my work today.

That other 40% though... I have no excuse to abandon. Especially now that I have a great schedule in place that's working flawlessly. More about that tomorrow.

Back to the weather and the Monday-ness that is Monday.


D.M. Kilgore, Dear Bloody Diary, Monday Needs A Makeover!, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore, Making Over Monday, Monday Motivation, Musings, It's What you LOOK for that matters, Can't Beat Monday? How to join Monday on YOUR terms, Am Writing, Blogging, Writer, Blue Monday, I Hate Monday, Monday Or Me?, Myths, Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down!
Dressing for work is starting to look a lot
like preparing for an arctic adventure.
I can't do much to change the fact that my husband spoke
the ritualistic snow curse last week. Yep. He did this. 

It was 70 degrees and sunny out and he said, 

"We sure have had a mild winter."

Cue the ice storms, snow, and freezy.


I assume since Monday refuses to be cancelled, the jokes on me.
Monday might have won this round, but the fight is far from over. As usual, I have a plan. If I can't beat Monday, I'll join Monday, but on my terms. My terms involve giving Monday a makeover. Monday needs a new look. One that says, "Hey girlfriend, come sit next to me and let's sip champagne, eat chocolate-covered strawberries, and talk about books". Now that, is my kind of Monday.


Step # 1: Clean Monday Up.
  • Wash that horrid blue eye shadow off! Eww. No more Blue Mondays. 
  • Get rid of that "Hate Me I'm Monday" T-shirt. No more Hate Mondays.
  • De-louse that 'do! No wonder Monday is so lousy. No more Parasites.
  
Step # 2: Cheer Monday Up.
  • Send Monday flowers once a month... to yourself. Flowers on Monday Morn? Instant =)
  • Find a peppy "anthem" song and make it your wake-up alarm on Monday mornings.
  • Make it a "reward" day. Treat yourself each Monday and soon you're looking forward to them.

 Step # 3: Start Monday Up.
  • Start your Monday with an uplifting quote or saying. A positive thought in the morning can change the momentum of your whole day.
  • Accept that it's just a day. All that "bad" stuff? Myth. Made up by an airline company long ago.
  • Adjust your 'tude. Is it Monday or is it Moody Me? Check yourself. Maybe Monday isn't the problem at all.

Hmm. Maybe Monday isn't out to get me. If I go to bed Sunday night thinking about how awful Monday is going to be, I'm setting it  up to be an instant disaster the minute the alarm goes off.

We typically get what we expect out of life. Have you noticed?


D.M. Kilgore, Dear Bloody Diary, Monday Needs A Makeover!, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore, Making Over Monday, Monday Motivation, Musings, It's What you LOOK for that matters, Can't Beat Monday? How to join Monday on YOUR terms, Am Writing, Blogging, Writer, Blue Monday, I Hate Monday, Monday Or Me?, Myths, Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down!
It's what you look for that counts.


I'm going to end this day on a positive note- a good home-cooked meal and some time with my family... but next week... it's on. I am going to own Monday.

• ○ • YOUR TURN! • ○ •


Did your Monday suck with mighty Monday-ness suckitude?
What are you going to do to makeover your next Monday?





D.M. Kilgore, D.M. Kilgore, Dear Bloody Diary, Monday Needs A Makeover!, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore, Making Over Monday, Monday Motivation, Musings, It's What you LOOK for that matters, Can't Beat Monday? How to join Monday on YOUR terms, Am Writing, Blogging, Writer, Blue Monday, I Hate Monday, Monday Or Me?, Myths, Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down!, February Prize, Ghirardelli Chocolates, The Realm, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore,
Comment To Win!
Remember!


The Top Commenter 

in February wins this!

 

 

 

Comment below, subscribe above, and show me some love. 

 

 

 

Double your word cDMKilgore.com, D.M. Kilgore,  D.M. Kilgore, Dear Bloody Diary, Monday Needs A Makeover!, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore, Making Over Monday, Monday Motivation, Musings, It's What you LOOK for that matters, Can't Beat Monday? How to join Monday on YOUR terms, Am Writing, Blogging, Writer, Blue Monday, I Hate Monday, Monday Or Me?, Myths, Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down! AmWriting, AmReading, Writer Blogs, Read, Author
D.M. Kilgore
Writer, Literary Hitwoman, and Crash Test Dummy.

I'm D.M. Kilgore.

 

Writer, Literary Hitwoman, and Crash Test Dummy. 

 

Here I sit, hoping to conquer the Monday Ughs.

I have a plan. I plan to use it. Monday will be mine. Muwaha

Be sure you subscribe to The Realm so you don't miss out on any of the fun contests, giveaways, updates, news, and prizes.

Tune in tomorrow for TIPSY TUESDAY- it's going to be a HOT post. ;)

Visit often! This site is updated with new content daily!

 

 

Subscribe today and you'll never miss out!

 

Life's A Collision Course


Brace For Impact!

D.M. Kilgore, Dear Bloody Diary, Monday Needs A Makeover!, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore, Making Over Monday, Monday Motivation, Musings, It's What you LOOK for that matters, Can't Beat Monday? How to join Monday on YOUR terms, Am Writing, Blogging, Writer, Blue Monday, I Hate Monday, Monday Or Me?, Myths, Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down! ,February Prize, Ghirardelli Chocolates, The Realm, The Realm of D.M. Kilgore, Writer, Author, AmWriting, AmReading, Writer Blogs, Read,, Author
© 2015 D.M. Kilgore A Phoenix Realm Publication
Content cannot be copied, reprinted, reproduced
or used in any way without the express permission of D.M. Kilgore. 
All work on this website and companion blog are copyright protected
and unless otherwise stated are the sole property of
D.M. Kilgore and Phoenix Realm Publishing

All Rights Reserved


2 comments :

Katie Cross said...

I've been trying to get rid of Monday for years now! It never works. It's spitting snow and ice here too, but it's always worse when it snows in the south because of the dadgum humidity. I don't miss that at all. So I feel for you! Hopefully you can start getting stuff done. :)

DM Kilgore said...

Monday is one determined Beast, Katie. LOL

I'm going to tackle that bad boy next week. Sword ... er ... Spoon sharpened. ;)

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.