Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Monday, January 12, 2015

My Inner Crawley Won't Let Me Mope!

Dear Sky, stop crying already!
Rain, rain, go away.
photo credit: D.M. Kilgore

 

The best thing
one can do
when it's raining
is to let it rain.

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow







WHO TURNED OFF THE SUN???

 

January 12, 2015
Musing Monday

D.M. Kilgore, Morning Writer Cam, Moody Weather = Moody Me
Oh, look.
The sky is crying again.
D.M. Kilgore -Writer Cam

  ♪ Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothin' ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothin' to do but frown
♫ Rainy days and Mondays always get me down
(The Carpenters)
 

 

I can't work under these horrid conditions! 

 

 Rain?
Cold?
Gloom?

 

AGAIN?!?!



 

Oh well...


I guess I'll just go back to bed.

 

Oh, Violet. You're so wise it kills me.
Uh oh. Inner Adult Alert!


My inner "responsible adult" has a point. I cannot allow myself to give up and go to bed. I have too much to do. No matter how much I'd like to crawl back into my bed and sleep until the sun returns... 

I can't.

Monday is my "get your butt in gear day". It's the day I tackle handing out my son's weekly homeschool assignments, my husband's weekly chore list (which he didn't realize he'd signed up for when he became a stay-at-home-spouse), and start on my own weekly list of errand running, grocery getting, bill paying, college assignments, essay writing, studying, researching, platform building, blog posting/writing, freelance writing, novel writing, editing, submissions, my side job, and my Literary Hitwoman work.

As the first day of my week, Monday sets the tone for the rest of my week. If I get behind on Monday, it's disastrous. It's important that I wake up with the right Monday Morning Attitude, which usually only happens when the weather cooperates. 

I need sunshine. Blue skies. Birds singing. Wildlife romping through the yard. I demand some sort of sign that the rest of the world has no trouble getting its butt in gear, even on a Monday.


So when I wake up to...


Who ate the sun? Where is my mountain?
This isn't the beautiful mountain view I ordered!
photo credit: D.M. Kilgore

All I really want to do is...


Netflix is my soul mate. Shhh don't tell anyone!
Oh, Netflix, you're the only one for me!
photo credit: dailydot.com

If I took a mental health day every time it rained, I'd never get anything done. It's like Tennessee is trying to be the next Washington or something. I like my rain with a side of warmth. You can't dance in the rain when it's only 18 degrees out unless you enjoy pneumonia. Cold + Rain?

Nope. Nope. Nope. Can't do it.

Want to know a secret? There is a reason I have a Realm. There is a reason the desk in my Scriptorium faces away from the windows. There's also a reason it's decorated to inspire and encourage. The decor is "set my creative soul on fire" not "oh whoa is me".

The Realm is rain proof. The Realm is warm. The Realm is an anti-blah zone.

Had I gotten up and taken my Chai tea to my Realm instead of plopping down in the recliner, I would not be suffering from "gloom-doom" syndrome. But, alas, what's done is done. Now, all I can do is make it work for me. So, I'll go write away the blues. Question is... how?

First, step: Get out of my recliner and head for my Realm.

Lesson Learned. 


Butt In Chair is not the same as Butt In Recliner.
(Especially when it's raining.)

 

I'm trying! I'm trying. I think...
"Snap out of it."


 

Okay.
Now what?

 
Your turn to tell me all about it!

 


 What do you do to beat the

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down
Blues & Blahs

?


 

 

I'm D.M. Kilgore, and I really do own a brush and mascara!
D.M. Kilgore


I'm D.M. Kilgore, and this is The Realm.

You'll find a daily dose of me here, every dag-um day. 

 

Blah, blah, blah,
insert something witty.
I'm trying to snap out of it here.

 

 

Tune in tomorrow for Tipsy Tuesday !

 

When I'm not rambling about here, you can catch my monthly series at 

Read Write Muse

The Muse's Mirror on the 11th of each month
and The Conscious Dreamer on the 27th of each month

 

PS - DON'T FORGET ABOUT ALL THE
AMAZING GIVEAWAYS GOING ON AT THE REALM!

Subscribe & Comment for your chance to win!
Win Win Win!

Subscribe To The Realm Today
&
Comment Below!


You'll be entered for a chance to win this month's prize pack!

 

Win a 50% off coupon for Scrivener!

BONUS GOODIES HERE!




3 comments :

LaDonna Cole said...

Rainy days, ugh. I like a nice summer storm, but I'm with you, cold and rain? blech!

DM Kilgore said...

And on a Monday? Should be illegal!

Nicole Strange said...

It's gloomy here as well! It's almost sickening. I love rain and gloom, but only once in a while... my favorite movie line *ever*: "It can't rain all the time." - The Crow

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.