Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Give It Away, Give It Away, Give It Away Now!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Who's ready to win?

Last Tipsy Tuesday...


I told you how much
I LOVE SCRIVENER

 

Then I decided...


TO GIVEAWAY
A 50% Off Coupon!

THIS TIPSY TUESDAY...

TIPSY TUESDAY AT THE REALM! Pants not required!
Pudding!

I'm going to choose the winner!

 

 

But first...

Dear Bloody Diary... Tipsy Tuesday

January 13, 2015
Tipsy Tuesday

Tipsy Tuesday Makes Me Crazy!
E'ry body at The Realm gettin' Tipsy!
D.M. Kilgore - Writer Cam -

It's not Tipsy Tuesday until I share a tip with you!


Today, I have THREE tips for you.

 

Calm down! Don't hurt yourself!
 

I know!

It's so exciting to get three for the price of one!

 

 

Tip # 1

True story... *sob*

Writing software that works for you will make it easier. 

 

Here is my favorite system for "easier" writing:


~A WINNING Combination~

Bam- this is how you win!

ScrivenerScrivener CoachScapple

 

Yeah baby!

 

Software that I highly recommend if Scrivener isn't for you:

Anthemion's Writer's Cafe

Character Writer

Movie Outline 3

 
Ian approves.

 

Extra stuff that makes writer-life easier:

Aeon Timeline

Hemingway App

Free Mind

 

Even the devil has to agree with these tips!

If you struggle with time management issues:

The Pomodoro Technique

 

Don't knock it til you try it!

If you struggle with digital distractions:


Leechblock

 

Admit it. You've done this instead of writing... at least once.

Tip # 2

A Winning Plan... but not like this guy!

 Have A Plan!

Writing is a business and you need a business plan.
 

Start Here:

Jamie Gold's Business Plan for Writers & Worksheet

Angela Ackerman's 7-Step Business Plan for Writers

 
Off to a fine start now!

Tip # 3

She rocks the hair and the writing and the editing- can you say AWEOME?
Who needs hair when you're awesome?
photo credit: Kelsey Keating

 Hire A Shieldmaiden!

 

Yes, you DO need an editor.


I don't care who you are, or how "amazing" your writing is.

YOU.NEED.AN.EDITOR.


PERIOD.


Don't even ask, "Should I hire an editor?"


JUST.
DON'T.



Okay, now back to the tip...

Kelsey Keating is The Shieldmaiden.

Her sword is sharp.

 

She knows how to wield it precisely because not only is she a top-notch editor, she's a writer than understands the process, the creative force, and the attachment we all have for our stories. She doesn't sugar coat. That's one of the many things I love about working with her. 

 

I will never send ANY story off for publishing until I've hired
The Shieldmaiden to slice and dice it first.

 
Kelsey Keating... AWESOME.
Kelsey...

Take a look at this post at Read Write Muse
and you'll see why she's my first choice:

 

We've all been there... writer... or editor... the struggle is real.

The Hardest Part of Editing – Literary Lies

by

Then visit her at her

Shieldmaiden's Corner

PS - in case you haven't caught on yet, today's GIF-fest is in honor of Kelsey!

 

 

Now... about that 50% Off Scrivener Winner...

And The Winner Is...

Drawing Time!
The entries are ready...
Now where is that monkey helper I ordered?

 *drum roll*

No Peeking Dan Dee!
The Suspense Is Killing Me!
And the crowd goes wild! It's JENNA CARLSON FOR THE WIN!

 

CONGRATULATIONS JENNA CARLSON!!!

 
WINNER!


Awww, what about the others that entered but didn't win?

You are ALL winners to me! Here's proof!

 

How about a runner up drawing for 40% of Aeon Timeline? 

 

Here we go again!
dun dun dun...
Whoo Hoo AMBER BOX! WINNER!

Congrats Amber Box!!!

 

I'd like to thank all of you for your support and participation!
YOU DID IT!

 I will be contacting you both with your winning discount coupons today!

Thanks for playing!
I've also given each of you 5 bonus entries into the January prize pack drawing.

Subscribe & Comment for your chance to win!
Win Win Win!

 

I'm D.M. Kilgore, and I really do own a brush and mascara!
D.M. Kilgore


I'm D.M. Kilgore, and this is The Realm.

You'll find a daily dose of me here, every dag-um day. 

 

I hope you enjoy today's tips and find
the perfect software, system, business plan, and editor
to help you be the very best writer you can be!

 

 

Tune in tomorrow for Wordless Wednesday!

 

When I'm not rambling about here, you can catch my monthly series at 

Read Write Muse

The Muse's Mirror on the 11th of each month
and The Conscious Dreamer on the 27th of each month

 

6 comments :

Kelsey-plain and simple said...

This is awesome! Thank you so much, I'm super touched :) Love the GIF-fest.
You rock, DM. Always.

DM Kilgore said...

YOU rock. One of my best tips ever- hire a Shieldmaiden. ;)

jennacarlsonwrites said...

YAY!!!! And the fact you sealed it with "my boys," gets you brownie points!

THANK YOU, DONNA!!!!

DM Kilgore said...

SPN never hurts my viewership. ;) Enjoy!!!

LaDonna Cole said...

Oh, that blue monkey is adorable!!! Congrats to the winners!

DM Kilgore said...

Isn't he a cutie? I'm getting quite a collection. ;)

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.