Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Blood Samples & Head Trauma? It's All The Rage At The Realm!

In 2015 I'm going to subject invite you to partake of the horrors delights of what's inside my head... daily. Every.Dag-um.Day. Admit it, you've always secretly wondered what goes on in here, haven't you?  It will be raw... honest... entertaining... enlightening... insanity.
Dear Bloody Diary...

A New Year?

Let's redecorate The Realm!

A little blood spatter here...
Some violent outbursts over there...
A daily dose of D.M. right here...

Wait...


WHAT?

That's right. In 2015 I'm going to subject invite you to partake of the horrors delights of what's inside my head... daily. Every.Dag-um.Day. Admit it, you've always secretly wondered what goes on in here, haven't you?

It will be raw... honest... entertaining... enlightening... insanity.

Are you in?


What do you mean you need to know what you're in for?

Okay, fine. I'll still do a little daily theme (Musing Monday, Tipsy Tuesday, etc) but there will be a Dear Bloody Diary style dose of D.M. (that's me!) each day to get us started. Fair enough? There's nothing to fear but fear itself... right?

What have you got to lose? 


Without further ado, here is the inaugural entry:




It will be raw... honest... entertaining... enlightening... insanity.

January 2, 2015
Funtastic Friday

 

What? I woke up like this! Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Morning Writer Cam- The Ugly Truth. D.M. Kilgore
Isn't she lovely?
Morning Writer Cam = The Ugly Truth

 I woke up like this.


Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. 

All you need is a raging case of the Never Ending Zombie Virus with a side of Sciatica, and you too can wake up in this delightful state of natural beauty! The mood lighting was provided by the gorgeous overcast sky. Nothing says "wake up" like a sky full of gloomy-doomy gray clouds! Ah, I couldn't wait to get out of bed.



Before we get on with the funtastic, let's talk about New Year's Resolutions for just a moment. I didn't make any. Why? Well, simply put, "resolution" is just another word for "failure" in my personal vocabulary. I never make any resolution stick past March. I don't expect that to change now that I'm in my early forties. (I know! I know! From my glorious picture you thought I was only 20, right?)

No, 2015 is not the year I'll finally make and keep a resolution. Instead, this year it's all 'bout that bass...

2015- is all 'bout those goals, 'bout those goals, no troubles...
*ear worm alert*



Wait. No. That's not right.
Shew! That was close.
Almost got stuck in your head didn't it?

Goals. 

This year is all about the goals!

*Sings: you know I'm all 'bout those goals, 'bout those goals, no troubles...*


Ahem. Sorry. Moving on...

I'm doing a "Goal A Day Keeps Discouragement Away" instead of resolutions.

My new year started with an overwhelming urge to ditch the dream of writing and get a "real" job. No income in almost a year, savings is gone, bills piling up... writing and dreams are a bit impractical when you have a family to feed.

Thankfully, my worries and sciatica kept me up later than waiting on the ball to drop. I passed the time by watching "Magic Beyond Words: The J. K. Rowling Story" on Amazon Prime (because our Netflix and Hulu were suspended when I couldn't pay the bill- true story).

I watched, and I cried, and I whooped with joy when it was over. I learned something invaluable.

I can't "quit" no matter how impractical my dream is. 

The flame is still burning somewhere deep inside. I might never see a measure of Rowling's success, and that's okay, but if she can hit rock bottom and keep her dream of being a writer alive... why can't I? 

Her dream was bigger than her reality. In the end her reality became bigger than her dreams. 

Challenge accepted. I can rebuild my dreams from here!



That's my very first goal for 2015. 


Stop letting my current reality determine the size of my dreams!

#1: Stop letting my current reality determine the size of my dreams! 


I went to bed last night with a lot of "how?" swirling in my head. How can I make sure that I never again let my current circumstances belittle my dreams? 

*TA-DA* I woke up to a cloudy day this morning afternoon, but a light-bulb was burning brightly (it burns!) over my traumatized brain as I (finally) crawled from my bed. Goal number two.


Start organizing my life around my writing, instead of my writing around my life!

#2: Start organizing my life around my writing,
instead of my writing around my life!


Not a bad start to a new year of goals, if I do say so myself, and I do.

Did you make goals too?
Or are you a freak-of-nature that
actually makes and keeps resolutions?


Alright, alright. Calm yourselves. I know you're chomping at the bit to see what's going on this Funtastic Friday. I didn't forget. Geesh!


FUNTASTIC FRIDAY:



Funtastic Friday's Harry Potter Mega-Thon & Feast
Magical Movie Marathon!
In honor of the hallelujah choir moment that followed my watching J. K. Rowling's life story...

We are having a Harry Potter marathon tonight! We'll be dusting off our dvd collection and having a "feast" and a slumber party in the living room. (Air mattresses are awesome, don't ya know?)




Funtastic Friday's Magical Themed Menu is going to be a potluck of potions! D.M. Kilgore, Funtastic Friday
Mmmm Yummy!
What's on the menu? Well, our "feast" is going to be a scavenger's delight of leftovers- potluck style. Leftover ham becomes "Hogwarts Hot Ham & Cheese" when tossed on some leftover buns or rolls. A side of leftover veggie-tray goodies becomes a "Herbology Salad". And Christmas punch becomes "Poly-juice Potion" with just a drop of food coloring. It wouldn't be much of a feast if not followed by some yummy treats-- I'm baking a green bundt cake (pistachio pudding added to pound cake mix) and topping it with a lovely cherry glaze.



Daisy is ready for the slumber party portion of Funtastic Friday!
Ahhh. Relax it's the weekend!

Daisy's already claimed her spot and gotten a jump start on the relaxation!



NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!


Do you have big Friday Night plans?

 

Let me know!

Subscribe & Comment for your chance to win!

Subscribe To The Realm Today
&
Comment Below!


You'll be entered for a chance to win this month's prize pack!

 

 

I'm D.M. Kilgore, and I really do own a brush and mascara!
D.M. Kilgore


I'm D.M. Kilgore, and this is The Realm.

 

<---- When the writer cam isn't rolling,
I'm magically transformed into a glamorous lady with fabulously curled hair and expertly applied make-up. 

*magic*

You'll find a daily dose of me here, well, daily.
 

 

When I'm not rambling about here, you can catch my monthly series at 

Read Write Muse

The Muse's Mirror on the 11th of each month
and The Conscious Dreamer on the 27th of each month





4 comments :

Katie Cross said...

I'm so happy that you've gone all JK Rowling on the idea of ditching writing and will still follow your dreams!!

You're going to rock it, seriously. You got this.

Devin Berglund - Creative Writer said...

Totally would love to win that package! Your movie night sounds like it would have been a blast! I need to plan one of those soon! Hope you had a great New Years! Keep writing! :)

DM Kilgore said...

Thank you Katie! I'm sure going to try!

DM Kilgore said...

We had fun, but didn't make it all the way through to the end of the movies. I guess we should have started earlier. LOL We will finish up tonight. ;)

I had a good New Year, thanks! I see you got to go to S. Africa for yours, Devin. That's awesome. Looked like you had a blast!

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.