Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Monday, June 9, 2014

Musing Mondays ~ The Fire Inside

Musing Monday
June 9, 2014


D.M. Kilgore

Today, I'm sharing my poem "The Fire Inside".  


Writing is like a fire inside, but I'll tell you more about that tomorrow.  I know having an internal inferno is scary, but don't fear!  I'm going to tell you all about fire safety in tomorrow's Tipsy Tuesday's post.  So, be sure to tune in tomorrow.

I'd locked this poem away for a while, planning to save it for formal publication, but last night I decided I'd really rather share it with you! 

So here it is, and I hope you'll enjoy it. 

Leave me a comment if you do.  I love hearing your thoughts and chatting with you!







THE FIRE INSIDE

by D.M. Kilgore


Words rain down

Like fire

I dance naked

In the flames

Consumed

By the passion

Obsessed

With the need

To bleed

Upon the page

Beautiful words

Crying

Hear me

Screaming

Feel my heart

Beating

A soul

On fire

Amid words

Cast off

I'm reborn

I rise

Like the Phoenix

Only ashes

Remain

Copyright D.M. Kilgore, March 24, 2014 
All Rights Reserved



Phoenix Photo Credit: Wallpaper Abyss
Quote Credit: Christopher Poindexter
 Created Image: D.M. Kilgore





All content is copyright protected and may not be copied, reprinted, reposted, or used in any way without the express permission of D.M. Kilgore.  All work on this website is copyright protected and is the sole property of D.M. Kilgore unless otherwise stated.  All Rights Reserved.

4 comments :

18ec5370-f043-11e3-9e27-000bcdcb8a73 said...

Good job Donna!

Donna Spivey said...

These words came out of hiding for me. Awakening a silent scream i've not heard since April of 2013. You have inspired me and fueled a dying ember.
Thank you Donna.

DM Kilgore said...

Thank you! =)

DM Kilgore said...

YAY! Oh thank you for sharing that Donna! I really just want my words to inspire. =)

Now, BURN BABY BURN! In that awesome creative way, not that I wish you were on fire way. ROFL

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.