Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Something Wicked This Way Comes... Wicked Brilliant!

I recently had the privilege of sticking my nose in a magical little novel titled, "Miss Mabel's School For Girls" by the wickedly talented Katie Cross.  I was so mesmerized that I read it in one sitting. It's safe to say that Katie Cross knows how to cast a spell!
As a little girl my favorite show was "Bewitched", and one of my favorite books was "The Worst Witch" by Jill Murphy.  As an adult, I fell in love with the Harry Potter Series, and one of my favorite movies is "Practical Magic".  While I might not be out in my yard dancing around a cauldron, I do know a little something about witches.  So does Katie Cross.  She has written a truly spellbinding story that is sure to captivate anyone who fancies a romp in the supernatural realms.

You are in for a treat, because I'm going save my actual book review for tomorrow. Today, I'm going to take you on a mystical journey through the magical world of Miss Mabel's!  So, put on your cloak, stay close, and whatever you do...

 Never underestimate the power of a determined witch.


Letum Wood is a forest of fog and deadfall, home to the quietly famous Miss Mabel’s School for Girls, a place where young witches learn the art of magic.

Sixteen-year-old Bianca Monroe has inherited a deadly curse. Determined to break free before it kills her, she enrolls in the respected school to confront the cunning witch who cast the curse: Miss Mabel.

Bianca finds herself faced with dark magic she didn’t expect, with lessons more dangerous than she could have ever imagined. Will Bianca have the courage to save herself from the curse, or will Miss Mabel’s sinister plan be too powerful?


 Miss Mabel’s School for Girls is the first novel in The Network Series, an exciting new fantasy collection. A gripping tale about the struggle to survive, it will take you to a new place and time, one you’ll never want to leave.

Step this way for a chance to win some great prizes as I take you on a visual tour of what you can expect to find in this exciting new young adult fantasy novel...

If you dare.

 

Miss Mabel's School is located in Letum Wood, a lush, expansive forest that hides many secrets. Some of these secrets catch up with Bianca Monroe, our sixteen-year-old heroine, in the dark of the night.

 There's a wrought iron fence around the outside of the ancient manor that is Miss Mabel's School for Girls much like this one. It's known for creaking in the wind.


Potion bottles hold oh-so-many possibilities. Witches love potions, and the witches in Miss Mabel's School for Girls are no exception. These particular bottles contain a variety of spices and herbs, all of which you can win during the launch giveaway March 27th-30th!

 

Miss Mabel loves peacock feathers. 

They represent beauty and vanity: her two favorite virtues.

 

 

A grimoire is a book filled with magical spells, a kind of magical diary passed through generations. 

 

This grimoire is available to win during the launch day giveaway! Head over to  www.missmabels.com to find out how you can participate.


 

Hopefully these photos gave you an idea of the exciting adventure you'll find in Miss Mabel's School for Girls! 

Now, get your Pinterest on and start spreading the word!

Visit www.missmabels.com to find out how to enter the giveaway and win lots of free stuff!
  









FOR MORE MISS MABEL CHECK OUT:

Official Website: www.missmabels.com

Pinterest : www.pinterest.com/missmabelsschoo

 

And don't forget to come back tomorrow to read my official review about the book!


 






10 comments :

Katie Cross said...

Love. This. So. Much.

Those pictures turned out quite stunning. Thanks for hosting me here, Donna!

LaDonna Cole said...

Awesome blog!

Kelsey-plain and simple said...

Way to show off all the goods! Can't wait to read your review!

S. R. Karfelt said...

DMK, you have a knack for by-lines, really you do. Excellent-o. I like Practical Magic too, but only because I watch it and lust after that kitchen. Seriously. Best. Kitchen. Ever.

DM Kilgore said...

The pictures are simply amazing! As is the book! ;)

DM Kilgore said...

Thank you LaDonna! =) I enjoy yours immensely as well!

DM Kilgore said...

Whoo hoo! It will be up at 7 am in the morning! =)

DM Kilgore said...

Awww, thank you. I really enjoy by lines and tag lines and such. As for Practical Magic... I rather lust after the whole house. ;)

Kella Campbell said...

Gorgeous pictures. And so true, it really is a read-in-one-sitting book, even if it's super late and you know you really ought to go to sleep...

DM Kilgore said...

I think there might have been a "can't sleep" spell hiding in there. ;) It was definitely something you didn't want to put down!

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.