Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Monday, March 17, 2014

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words

Sometimes...

I put down the laptop, pick up my camera, and manage to capture something worthwhile.





I recently participated in a photo-contest for VIMFIRE Magazine.
The contest was for black & white photos and even though my little friend with the tattered wings is much better in living color...
I entered a black and white version and won first place!  I am so excited!  I wanted to share the news and also let you know that...


 

VIMFIRE MAGAZINE is taking submissions!

 

What is VIMFIRE? 

A high quality literary magazine showcasing poetry, short stories and artwork from around the globe.

Here's what is going on at VIMFIRE right now!


COVER PHOTO CONTEST:

We still have our 'Cover Art Contest' going on!
Our cover will be in color, so get creative and get submitting!

More information, and submission guidelines can be found on the website.

Remember - the theme for the September issue is "New Beginnings & Change'. Submissions are open until June 1st, 2014.

AND

SHORT STORY, POETRY, and ART SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN TOO!
The theme for the Sept. 2014 issue is "Beginnings" and "Change".  So get those poems, short stories and artwork ready to send in!

Make sure to visit http://vimfiremagazine.com/ for submission guidelines.


So, all of my creative friends and followers... get those submissions in now!


2 comments :

Katie Cross said...

Sweet picture, Donna!

Thanks for letting me know about the open call. Guess I'll get to work. *cracks knuckles*

DM Kilgore said...

Thanks Katie! I cannot wait to see what you "crack" into action! I LOVE your work! ♥

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.