Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thoughtful Thursdays~ Don't Worry, Be Broken...

"I'm not going to worry, I know that You've got me, right inside the palm of Your hand. Each and every moment, what's good and what gets broken, happens just the way You plan. You are here. You're real. I know I can trust You. Even when it's hurts, even when it's hard, even when it all just falls apart..."  
~
Kari Jobe


*picture courtesy of:  The Busy Homeschool Mom*

I've had a lot pressing on my mind and heart this week (not just math- ha!).  Last night, I spent a lot of time praying that I could just "fix" it.  I'm a fixer.  I see someone hurting...

MUST.FIX.


I guess my heart has always been overly-sensitive to the plight and pain of others.  It is especially hard when the other person is someone you love.  I really just wanted to take the pain away, even if I had to bear it upon my own heart.  It's a load I would have carried for them willingly (and one I've carried personally before), if only to spare them the hurt.

But, realization arrived as I was catching up with my writing pal José-Miguel.  The conversation turned to going through hard times.  He said, "I truly believe that our strength is shown when we go through hard things. We're just not in the right spot at that moment to see how strong we really are."  Wow.  So true.  You really don't know how strong you are until your strength is tested.  It isn't that we hit the floor and fall apart that matters.  It's that we have the courage and the strength to sweep up all our broken pieces and run with them, to the One who can put us back together and make us whole.

 My favorite song, by one of my favorite bands, Red. 
I think you'll understand how much this one means to me.

I have a quote that I printed out several years ago.  It is one of my favorites and is firmly planted above the desk and computer where I do my writing.  I'm not sure where it originated, but I find so much peace in the message it carries.

"God is the master of restoration,
taking the broken and damaged and making them beautiful.
"




*picture courtesy of: In His Graces*

I am who I am today because of my past hurts.  

 

Everything beautiful and everything broken in my life is what shaped me into who I am today.  Am I perfect?  Of course not, no one is.  Am I better than I was?  Definitely.  Most definitely.  I'm better because of the disappointments, and because of the pain I had to go through, and especially for the journey from broken to beautiful.  That journey brought me to God.  Broken things can become blessed and beautiful things when you let God do the mending.

SuperChick "Beauty From Pain"

 

Who am I to deny someone, especially someone I love, that opportunity?



How blessed are those that are given circumstances in life that allow them to feel every emotion (good or bad) that reveals their strength and beauty?  Who among us doesn't long to become exactly who God meant for us to be?  To find our purpose? To unveil His plan for our lives?  How marvelous it is to learn that we can rise from the ashes!  How precious is it to discover it was all part of God's beautiful and perfect plan for us?





*Romans 8:28*


I might not like watching it all play out, but it's His plan, not mine.  For whatever reason... no matter what we are going through, we simply must carry on. 

He won't let any of us go alone.  He's there.  Right now, lifting up those who are too weary to walk the path ahead. 

I have nothing to worry about.  Nothing to fear.  God helped me to rise from the ashes.  So too, will He help anyone who is hurting, crumbling, or broken.

Are you lost? Broken? Hurting?  


Have you woken to a new reality, one that you never thought you'd find yourself in?  Dear one, believe me when I tell you, I've been there.  And no matter how desperate the pain is at this moment, it will become something more beautiful than you can see right now.  Trust in His plan for you.  Stand strong.  You're not alone.  Reach out.  Even in the darkness, He's holding you. 

He'll never let you go.


Manafest "Never Let You Go / Hold On"


Today's Verse: 

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."  ~I Peter 5:10 

 


Kari Jobe "Steady My Heart"

♫♪ I will run to You,
'cause I know that you are Lover of my soul, Healer of my scars.
You steady my heart. ♪♫

 




Right before I headed to bed last night, I spotted this picture and "fill-in-the-blank" on author Caleb Jennings Breakey's Facebook wall:


I thought my whole world was going to collapse, but then God ______________.

 



 My answer:  "Caught Me."

 

 

What's yours? 

 


I'll leave you with a final video... and pray you know:

It's all going to be okay. 

Fall to pieces.  He will catch you.

Don't worry, be broken.

YOU will RISE...
Out of those ashes rise!

 



 

Thanks for hanging in there!  I know I've shared a lot of thoughts, links, and music with you today.  (Sorry about those video ads, not my idea, just skip them!)  God put it on my heart today to share, share, share!  Even if it meant being long-winded and bombarding this post with all the songs in my head, and all the pictures that sent me searching for verses or songs.  Whatever was on my heart this day, I've shared it!  Hoping that those of you out there that are searching, find what you need to lead you closer to Him and to the joy and peace one can find only in Him.

I do hope you'll listen, enjoy, ponder, and please visit those I've linked and like them on Facebook.  I know that many a morning (or late night) I've found a song or a picture on a Facebook wall that awakens my mind or my heart.  I usually end up studying on the verse that it brings to mind, and in that, many answers are found.  


God speaks to us, in so many ways,
if only we listen with more than our ears,
and look with more than our eyes.
Seek Him with all your heart.

This daily dose of DM brought to you by
a beautifully broken but very steady Blue Monkey.

♥Thank You Jesus!♥




2 comments :

Katie Cross said...

You said something on your FB page about 'bringing your blog here more often.' I think you should. It's my opinion that people wear a mask on the internet more than anywhere else. Sometimes we need permission, in the form of this post, to take that away.

I'm closing a kind of crappy day, so this was really great to read before going to bed. When other people draw strength from God, it reminds me to draw strength from Him as well. And to know that our trials don't last forever, even if it seems like it.

Your choice of words 'caught me' touched me more than any other part of this beautifully written article.

Let me tell you, those words are perfect. Thank you for this.

DM Kilgore said...

Thank you Katie. I'm so glad it touched you. In all my hopes and dreams of writing, in the end, that's all I really want... to touch people, to help them find their way... because life can be messy! =) I pray your night is peaceful and that your tomorrow is that much brighter for it. Thanks for your kind words, and for the comment, and most of all for taking the time to read this. =)

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.