Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday ~ The Whole Truth About The Halflings!






I am so excited to tell you all about this book I just finished by the amazingly talented Heather Burch.

The whole truth about the Halflings is...

I have had this on my Kindle for a very long time now, and finally, thankfully had time to read it.  I read the first half on night one, and finished it on night two.  It's that good.  I got so lost in the story I didn't realize the passing of time!  I couldn't put it down.  When I reached the last page, I scared the dog when I yelled, "NO!"  I just wasn't ready for the adventure to end.  So, today I rushed out and bought book two, "Guardian".  I also bought the hardback copy of "Halflings".  When I love a book, I want to have the actual real book, not just the e-book, and I LOVE THIS BOOK.

HALFLINGS
by Heather Burch




Here is my official review - and no worries, I don't do spoilers, only teasers!


"AMAZING! I simply love the world Heather Burch has created in her Halflings series! Nikki Youngblood is my favorite young heroine to date. I read this book in two sittings- half the book the first night, the final half the second night. It's that good. I found myself laughing, crying, sighing, cheering, and rooting on the characters through all the accidents, incidents, and action (and there is lots of action). I love the relationships and tensions between not only the mc Nikki and the Halflings, but also the dynamics between the Halfling brothers. You can't help but love these characters. Heather Burch writes with the perfect combination of passion, description, and plot that causes the story to come alive and play out like a great movie in your mind! I am also very happy to report that I found very few typos/editing errors! My ocd really hates it when a slew of typos pulls me out of a good story. This book is a must if you have a daughter who enjoys to read! Nikki is a character that will make your daughter stand a little taller and realize there is more to life than being a damsel in distress waiting for a prince to save her. She's one protagonist you won't easily forget and you sure won't forget the Lost Boys-- Mace, Raven, and Vine anytime soon either! This is the kind of book it's easy to get lost in... time will fly by and the end will come much too soon! I cannot wait to dive into the next two books in this fantastic series."  ~Author D.M. Kilgore

I simply cannot wait to begin reading book 2, "Guardian"
which I will be diving into tonight!


 



And, drumroll please, book 3 releases next week!
You better believe I'll be in line to get my hands on a copy!

 




So what are you waiting for?
Head over to
HeatherBurchBooks.com
to learn more about this series!

And don't forget to join the
HALFLINGS NETWORK

DROP BY HEATHER'S FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!

AND 

Be sure to follow this blog and comment below!

I'll choose ONE lucky person to win a HALFLINGS book of their choice!

6 comments :

Tiffany Neal said...

I will definitely be looking these up. I always enjoy something new and exciting that you just can't put down! :-)

DM Kilgore said...

Such a great story! I'll shoot you some other suggestions at FB. =) Thanks for dropping by Tiffany! It's great to have you at my Realm!

Shadowwolf said...

I have heard good things about this series. I am anxious to read this story soon. :-)

DM Kilgore said...

I really wish I'd read it sooner! I have so many "to read" books and I tend to read in one genre for a while, then move to another. I spent most of this month reading YA Paranormal. I've read Fallen, Veined, Lethed, and Halflings in the past few weeks. I have to say this one is the BEST so far. I can't wait to dive into book 2 tonight!

Shelby Mullinax said...

This looks amazing.

DM Kilgore said...

I've really enjoyed this series! The next book comes out Tuesday!

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.