Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Fun Friday ~ Happy Women's Day, Coffee?

Today is National Women's Day.

The word of the day is:  COFFEE

 

I usually have a cup in the morning.  Just one.  Heavy on the creamer.  Today, a second cup was tempting me before I even polished off the first.  Now, even though I love coffee, I always try to stick to that one morning cup.  Too much caffeine and my heart turns into Fred Astaire.

Today... that second cup thought just would not go away.


I thought I'd distract myself by logging into Facebook.  The first picture I see is this:


 True.  I shared it on my page right away.  After almost two decades of marriage... this is a concept my hubby still hasn't figured out.  He will yap-yap-yap the moment his eyes pop open, then when I growl at him, "Wow, you sure are grouchy in the morning!"  Ya think?  POUR ME A CUP AND STAND BACK.  It's not rocket science.

I practically drooled over the picture above.  A second cup was looking better by the second.  I headed over to one of my all time favorite author's pages to see what he was up to this fine Friday morning.  Hmmm.  I found this:

"I can't imagine doing anything other than writing and drinking coffee for a living.
What about you? What gets you jazzed and keeps you going every day?"
-Steven James
 

You don't have to think too hard to figure out my reply, right?  At this point, a second cup seemed totally logical.  I mean, it does get me jazzed.  I polished off my morning cup of joe and left the cup on the counter, instead of putting it in the dishwasher, as I normally would.  Back to Facebook.


Did you know Elmer was one of my nicknames in high school?  True story.  Coincidence?  I think not.  I stopped scrolling status updates and contemplated the overwhelming evidence.  Was God sending me a sign that a second cup would be a-okay today?

When in doubt ask.


I closed my eyes and said, "Lord, I try not to overindulge, but if a second cup is fine with you today, it's fine with me today!  What say You?"



The very next status update I saw (from one of my church friends, no less) confirmed my suspicions.

"Hello world! It's definitely a two cup kinda morning!"

I read that as, "Yes my child,  enjoy the coffee."  That second cup, was glorious.  I chose a Belgian Chocolate & Toffee creamer.  Heavenly.  My heart wasn't tap-dancing... yet.  Hmmm.

At this point I began contemplating making a whole pot of coffee.  After all, my work is done for the week.  Hubby's at work.  Thing 1 is at work.  Thing 2 didn't want to go see a movie, and is happily building "Ultimate Scroll Writer Warriors" with his Bionicle kits.  Looks like I have this beautiful Friday all to myself.  It's a great day to write.  

 Writing and coffee totally go hand and hand, don't ya know?


So, in celebration of Women's Day, this woman is going to spend the day sipping coffee and writing.

Do you love coffee? 

Comment below and you might just win
a fun little "coffee themed" gift! 

 

PS  I kind of feel like dancing now.  Did you know there are songs about my good friend coffee?  I think I need to add these to my jogging playlist.  Right now.  Yes.  It's a pretty day for a jog!


This Fun Friday post brought to you by
a very-caffeinated blue monkey!

*Don't forget to follow my blog and then comment below to be eligible to win random fun prizes in random fun drawings!  I just love giveaways!  Who doesn't like a fun freebie?


4 comments :

Linnette R Mullin said...

Hi, Donna! Cute post! Love all the coffee stuff. :D I do follow you, so.... I'm curious as to what this coffee themed item is. Hmm...

DM Kilgore said...

It's a surprise! I love surprises. Do you? Thanks for following and dropping by! I was over at your Friday With Friends this morning- great post by Stephanie Karfelt!

J. S. Bailey said...

Hey, I'm a one-cup-per-day type of girl, too!

DM Kilgore said...

Yay- I'm not alone! I know people that drink a pot a day instead of a cup a day. I'm just not sure I could handle it or that the world could handle me on that much coffee! Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.