Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Musing Mondays: Migraines, Memory Loss, and Monkey Mail. Oh my!

February 4, 2013
Monday, 12:18 pm

Weight:  202  (and holding aka stuck at the plateau, again)

Coffee Consumption: 1 cup and only 1 tbsp of Creamer. 


Chocolate Report: I gave in to chocolate cake last night, but kept the piece small.


~ MONDAY MUSINGS ~ 

musing:  deep in thought; contemplative.

I truly would love to blow you all away with some deep, contemplative thoughts today.  I just can't.  I have a migraine.  I can't think.  I certainly can't deep think.  In fact... it's now 12:54.  As you can see from above I started this post at 12:18.  I've pretty much just been sitting here contemplating a blank page all this time.  I got nothin'. 
 

Well, that's not entirely true.  I've got something.  I've got a mile-long-to-do list.  I always have a Monday To-Do List.  Doesn't everyone?  Too bad it's only half filled out and I don't have a clue what the other half was suppose to be.  I know I need to pick up some things from Walmart that we forgot during our shopping trip.  Coffee creamer for example, that one I remember.  The other items?  Not so much.  I'm supposed to go out and pay the membership dues for Farm Bureau. Actually, I was supposed to do that last week... but forgot... again.  I'm also supposed to pay something else... some other bill... which one?  Hmmm?  Not a clue. 

Maybe, just maybe, my Monday theme should be Memory Loss Mondays instead?

This has become a problem.  This weekend I completely forgot a friend's baby shower.  I forget to eat.  I forget what time I went to bed.  I forget appointments.  Writing it down doesn't help... because I forget where I put the lists!

Everyone keeps telling me it's because I have too much on my plate.  Maybe I do.  I am a busy woman with lots to do... and I don't see that changing anytime soon. 

 My mornings begin with coffee, prayer, and then cooking breakfast (cooking = toaster, poptarts, breakfast is served). 



We then begin homeschool.  I try to do some writing or studying while Thing 2 is busy with independent work. 

We break for cooking lunch (cooking = sandwich or microwave) and laundry rebooting.  Then when he finishes up his work, I really dig into my own school work.  Once I get that done, it's time for housework, and dog care, and finishing up any dishes or laundry still lurking in the shadows.  By that point, it is time to start getting dinner ready.  I typically do cook dinner-- actual cooking = handling and preparing raw foods. 

I'm usually slap wore out by the time we sit down to eat... but only half way through my list of things yet to be done.  There is still school work to be graded, writing to do, and and emails to answer.

Sometimes I keep plugging along and sometimes I just give in to a hot bath, a good book, and the realization that there is always tomorrow.  How's that for a deep thought?  Tomorrow is another day.

Today, my head hurts and I just got the mail.  I had two packages.  A copy of Tosca Lee's brand new book (that comes out tomorrow) Iscariot, and a little purple monkey pal from my writing buddy and blue monkey sister, author Kelsey Keating.


I'm taking this as a sign that a good book and a mental health day is just what the doctor ordered.  After all, tomorrow is another day, right?  Maybe by then I'll remember what I need from Walmart.  Hey, it could happen?

So let's hear it...

Do you suffer from migraines?
Short term (or long term) memory loss?
Plate too full?
Too much to do?
Need a mental health day?
Or just a good book?

What's your "cure" for the It's Monday and my brain is MIA blues?

Comment below and be sure you're following my blog!
I give out random fun stuff to random fun followers.  ;)

~ * ~

This daily dose of DM brought to you by a blue monkey with a very bad headache.
*OUCH*


PS it's now 2:09 pm.  It took me a long, long time to bring you this dose of mildly amusing nothingness.  This is why I can't work with a migraine!  Brain. No. Comprehend. Shhtuff.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.