Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Friday, February 8, 2013

Fun Friday ~ Writer Cam & This Week's Winners

It's Time For Fun Friday!


It's rainy here today.  

Rainy, gloomy, and blah!  

Friday is our half-day of school.  We normally do something fun in honor of "Friday Fun Day" but Thing 2 has a cold and a terrible sounding cough.  So instead of a half-day and "Friday Fun" we're taking a sick day.  We were at the doctor and in recovery mode yesterday- so there is no Thoughtful Thursday post this week, sorry.

Sick Day instead of Fun Day...  Not a lot of fun, but we're trying to entertain ourselves nonetheless.

It's a good day to stay in our jammies, sip hot tea (peppermint with honey for him) and coffee (salted mocha caramel for me), and just relax, recoup, and recover.

Thing 2 is curled up in bed under his favorite blanket watching documentaries about the space shuttle and fighter-planes.  He has his cup of juice, his favorite stuffed-monkey-pal, George,  and remote control by his side.  He's content.  That leaves me with a day to either veg-out in front of Lifetime Movie Network or write.  


I decided to write.  

Writer cam at 8 am is not pretty, folks.

My editing team is up and ready to critique my every mood (and my choice of flavored coffees), as you can see.

Okay, truth is... Sadie is interested in my coffee choice and opinionated on my current chapter in progress.  Sookie and Blackie, not so much.

Blackie is taking advantage of Sadie's coffee obsession by chewing up her favorite toy.  She has yet to notice.  She is such a coffee hound!  They do say that dogs are like their owners!  Blackie has chewed a huge hole in the "brain" (it looks like a purple brain) and removed the squeaker.  Sadie is not going to be happy when she realizes this.  I'll be perusing Amazon later in search of a new "brain".  Searching for a "purple dog brain" on Amazon should prove interesting, don't you think?

Sookie...  Is a whole other story.  She's entertaining herself with what's left of a toy rabbit.

video

I'm not sure if she's gotten fat or if she only looks fat because her head is so small and her legs are so skinny.  Wait... isn't their a saying about dogs looking like their owners?  I think I need to order Sookie that new Cesar Milan doggie treadmill!

Ah, you don't really want to hear about my sick kiddo, my silly dogs, or my 8 am writing attempts, do you?  It's not fun for you?  Fun is free stuff, right?  You just want to know who won last week's giveaways!  That's okay, because as I type the sun is peeking out from behind a cloud, story ideas are buzzing, and my muse is yelling, "Get back to work!" while she beats me over the head with a wet noodle.


So without further ado...


Musing Monday:


No entries/No winners


Teaser Tuesday: 


Kesley Keating- Red CD



 Amber McCallister- Iscariot



 Misty Tidwell- Eternal Providence Exclusive Preview




Wordless Wednesday:


J.S. Bailey - Random Prize

 

Thoughtful Thursday:


LaDonna Cole- Random Prize

Linnette Mullin-  Random Prize


Fun Friday:


No entries/No winners

 

Short Story Saturday:


No entries/No winners


And there you have it.  So if you see your name above be sure to hit me up over on Facebook and pm me your mailing address so I can get your goodies in the mail Monday! 


Have a great Friday!


Be sure to tune in tomorrow for Short Story Saturday and a chance to win a fun prize!


~ * ~

This daily dose of DM brought to you by a taking-it-easy blue monkey!
 

I'm:
Down 2 more lbs. 
Down to 1 cup of coffee. 
Down to 1 Tbsp Gourmet Creamer. 
Down to "no" chocolate (so far) today.
And up to the challenge again tomorrow!
 
Whoo Hoo!

1 comment :

Kelsey-plain and simple said...

WAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.