Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Friday, February 1, 2013

First Official Thoughtful Thursday!

Whew!  Today I gave the blog and website a big face lift!  It's a pretty awesome improvement if I do say so myself, and I do.  Be sure to click around here and visit the website and let me know if you think it's pretty awesome too!

Anyhoo... that is why I'm a bit late with this post (it is technically Friday as I type this) but I'm so happy to introduce you to "Thoughtful Thursdays!" that I'm going to post this anyway, leave it up all day, and then do a fun post late tonight for Fun Friday. 

What is this all about?


WELL...

I've realized that people are just so busy lately!  A lot of times with that sense of urgent, chaotic, hustle and bustle they become a bit detached from the world around them and can even sink into a state of self-absorption.  I'm not a fan of the self-absorbed.  I'm a giver.  A doer.  A "here take the shirt off my back" kind of gal.  I like to participate in random acts of kindness... and I like to see those kindnesses paid forward.



So... I figured, why not have a day set aside each week to bring up a thoughtful thought and offer you, the loyal reader, blog follower, and fan a chance to take part?

Thus, Thoughtful Thursdays were born... and this is the first official one. 

I think it's a pretty awesome idea, so this week's theme is awesome!



Today's Thoughtful Thursday Thought:



 So, what is it?  What about you makes you AWESOME?  This week I'm challenging you to do more of it.  Now, you might be wondering how this is "random act of kindness" and "pay it forward" related... well, don't worry, I have that all figured out.

Figure out what makes you awesome.  Do more of that.  Do it so that you can make someones day a bit more awesome.  Yep, I want you to use that AWESOME thing you do and do something kind for someone else.  Think about it.  I know you can figure it out!  After all... YOU are AWESOME! 

Now, don't forget to come back here and comment about the awesomeness.  I'll choose a random winner and announce their name and what they've won on next Thoughtful Thursday's post.

Feel free to send your friends here to participate... the more awesome the better, right?

All you have to do to be eligible to win is follow this blog, then comment below with what makes you awesome and how you used that awesomeness to make someones day.

There you have it... your first Thoughtful Thursday challenge... go forth and be AWESOME!

~ * ~

This daily dose of DM brought to you by an awesomely thoughtful blue monkey!
 
Now, let's get down!
 
I'm:

Down 2 lbs. 
Down to 1 cup of coffee. 
Down to 1 Tbsp Gourment French Vanilla Creamer. 
Down to "no" chocolate today.

And up to the challenge again tomorrow!
Whoo Hoo!

6 comments :

Linnette R Mullin said...

Already done. I think. Time will tell. I gave my local writer's group (PCWN) an avenue to promote their blogs and books and whatever they need to market by creating a PCWN Writer's open group. It's a POST ONLY group. :D Rather than posting our stuff to ourselves, a rather small number of writers, we can now post to the world where there's a ton more readers. Time will tell if it helps or not. :)

The other thing I've been doing all week. Awesome Mom stuff. At least my boys tell me I'm an awesome mom. Sometimes. :D

Linnette R Mullin said...

PS - Your poem, "The Writer's Heart..." is posted on Friday with Friends today. Just have your readers go to LinnetteMullin (dot) com. :D

LaDonna said...

Awesome, huh.

What about ah!-some? My son is home from school today...ah~~~. So I am being touch-the-forehead-kiss-the-cheek-give-him-soup-and-fluids-mom. So, hence the ah~~some.

Also helping out new writers by critiquing their work for them. Encouraging seasoned writers to hang in there.

DM Kilgore said...

I think you are an extremely awesome mom. ;) I love the idea of a promotional group for your local writers! What an AWESOME way to spread the word and the love! You go Linnette!

DM Kilgore said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'll be sure to include that in my Friday Fun post... your Friday with Friends is so much fun that it will fit right in! Thank you for featuring me today. ♥ I'm really excited to be a part of your blog.

DM Kilgore said...

I'd say that qualifies as both AWESOME and AH-some. ;) I hope your son feels better soon. Is that a home-made-soup kind of awesome?

You are a force of encouragement to the writers of the world- ROCK ON!

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.