Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Oh! Uh... Um... Hello Blog...

January 18, 2013
Friday, 10:43 am
*Yes, am.  As in MORNING.  I know!

Weight:  Stuck at 199.  Grr.

Coffee Consumption: 1 cup and only 1 tbsp of Creamer.  Whoop! I'm doing good.

Chocolate Report:  Nada, zero, none at all.


Dear Diary,

I've had one of those crazy busy wish there were more of me weeks.  I didn't get a blog post up.  I didn't get to announce the winner of the writing prompt contest or the blog following contest.  I didn't have any excuse other than I was too busy to tell people I was too busy!

Some personal stuff going on lately.  Dad's cancer is still in remission, praise Jesus!  But... now Mom has something going on.  She'll have some biopsies done the 24th.

The rest of the week has been non-stop school work and dog rescue business.  Oh, and writing.  And reading.  I did make time for reading and writing this week.  Seems that I have to find a way to be able to do those without using my blog hour to do them.  Need. More.  Me.

I've just finished up Beverly Barton's "Don't Say A Word".  Sadly, it was obvious she had begun a wonderful story and then with her untimely passing the wonder died with her.  The fill-in author did okay... but the story definitely lacked Beverly's punch, heart, and passion.  I'll definitely miss her talented writing.  RIP Beverly. 

I've got another Kevin O'Brien to read when I finish up Havah by Tosca Lee.  (AMAZING!)

Writing... is going okay.  I have been juggling the two very different WIPs and think I know what to do with FJ to make it work.  That's good.  I've been stuck on chapter 26 much the way I'm stuck on 199 lbs.  Beginning to wonder if I'll EVER see my goal weight.  *SIGH*

Hubby won an Xbox 360 with Kinect.  I'm going to run down to the used games store in town and see if I can procure a few fitness or dance games.  Might as well have fun while I'm burning those stubborn calories!

Maybe that will jump start my metabolism again.  We shall see.

Diary, you know that I lack oomph and creativity before nightfall... so this is going to be short and sweet.

I apologize for ignoring you.  Be proud of me though... I was in bed by 10pm every night this week.  Wow, right?  Me... in bed before dawn. 

Now if I can just figure out how to continue to get sleep... and still have time to write.  Hmmm.

Oh, and speaking of sleep!  I have found my dream mattress and am saving my pennies!  I cannot wait to be the proud new owner of a Paradise Gel mattress.  It is made by Dutch Craft.  I can't wait.  It is like sleeping on a cloud.  I squeal with delight just thinking about it!

Am I rambling?  This is why I don't blog in broad daylight.  I'm just not myself before dusk.

I'm off to run some errands today.  I'm going to leave behind a list of winners.  I hope they will send me their mailing addresses via a pm to my Facebook page.  I sure do have some nifty goodies to send out!

WINNERS:

Stephanie Karfelt
Ashley Procko
Angela Sutton
Maria Ramirez
Saintly Sinner

PS  I'm still feeling generous, though groggy, so if you are following over there in that list to the right... you're already entered.  If you're not, follow now.  I'm just going to pick a random follower to surprise with a goody. 

~ * ~

This daily dose of DM brought to you by a very perplexed blue monkey
who just can't figure out what that bright ball of light in the sky is.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.