Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm not the only writer here... am I?


I hope that I have some writers following me because tonight...

It's your turn to shine!

1.  Pick A Prompt.
2.  Write!
3.  Post your finished product in the comments below.
4.  Send everyone you know here to vote for your entry (Just tell them to follow my blog, then comment with "I vote for (your name)" in the comment section!)
5.  Most votes wins a pretty awesome prize pack! 

*I'll tally all the votes on Saturday, January 12th and announce the winner in that night's post!*

Note:  You'll want to be sure to send your friends/family to this blog but give them the link to this post so they can find it, as I will continue to post during the week and this will get shuffled to the bottom. 

Okay, Ready?  GO!



Prompt A:  Write about a Cat.

Prompt B:  Write about the following character.
Character:  Mac Hazel

Prompt C:  Write about a situation in which an obstacle causes problems for this character.

Character:  John Haley
Obstacle:   Obsessive Behavior.

Prompt D:  Write about a situation where the first character wishes to achieve a certain goal, but is prevented by the second character.

Character 1:  Deon Schulte
Goal:  To be immortal
Character 2:  Sydney Baptist



That said, here's your Daily Dose of DM
The whole truth and nothing but the truth!


Saturday, January 5, 2013
Home. Living room. 11:54 pm. 

Weight: 206 lbs... same as yesterday.

Food Consumed:  Copious amounts of coffee (heavy on the Gourmet French Vanilla), bagel with industrial sized spoonfuls of cream cheese (not the light kind either). I honestly don't remember if I ate lunch or not- writing again.  For dinner we ate El Metate.  I had a steak taco salad.  Snacks:  I had an apple. 

Daily Calorie Budget: 1,200 / Net calories: 1,009 (whoo hoo!)

Exercise: Do you remember last night's typing equation?  Well there was more researching and mouse clicking than actual typing today, but I estimated a burn of 118 calories.

The Truth:

I spent all day researching for my new novel.  I'm tired.  This writing prompt contest is because I'm too tired to be witty and creative with a post of my own.  Happy writing!  I expect to see some entries.  All this no commenting on my hard work is making me rather depressed.

Today's moment with God: 


He [Jesus] said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?" They were terrified and asked each other, "Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!" Mark 4:40-41

God is showing me: Storms ultimately do come to an end! And the storms often reveal something new about Jesus.

Today I focused on being thankful that the storms in my life will come to an end. I will deliberately seek to discover something new about Jesus and what He wants me to be for Him.

PRAYER: Pray that you—and believers everywhere—will have spiritual eyes and ears to see, hear and learn new lessons from Jesus in the storms of life.

From: Standing Strong Through The Storm (SSTS)
A daily devotional message by author Paul Estabrooks

Bible Gateway/Verse of the day: Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong. Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow. -Isaiah 1:16-17

God is asking me to pray for Him to help me remove all things from my life, my mind, my spirit that break his heart.

Bible Reading: Job’s Restoration / Job 42:10


Time with family and/or friends: In all honesty... I sat on one end of the couch with my laptop, hubby on the other with his laptop, and the kids came and went and entertained themselves.  Sad but true. 

Word Count Goal: 2,500 / Actual Word Count: 1,003- more research than writing today.

Currently Reading: 

Havah
, by Tosca Lee (Chapter 4) LOVE IT!

Speaking of Tosca Lee... I CANNOT WAIT FOR ISCARIOT!

Just look:




Don't Say A Word by Beverly Barton (Chapter 4) Didn't make any progress here today.

Bible: Didn't do the "daily reading" but what I read I already posted above. ;)

Thing 2 and I are still reading the Magic Tree House Series, by Mary Pope Osborne.  We're still on book three, Mummies In The Morning (Chapter 5).

Bible Study:  Beth Moore's Daniel (Week 6)

It's now  12:09 am. 

I'm off to bed and looking forward to church in the morning.  I hope my muse will stay home and wait on me though.  One place I do not welcome the muse is in the middle of church service! 



17 comments :

Stephanie Pazicni Karfelt said...

No rules? Cool. Working on it. I shall return. Eventually.

Angela S said...

I am awoken by sunlight peeking through the slightly opened curtain on the window. Why does this always happen in the middle of the most wonderful dream. I stretch, yawn and get ready to face the day. Making my way out of my cozy bedroom, I saunter down the hall to the kitchen for some breakfast. The dog steps out of the room across from me and glances and decides its best not to mess with me so early. He isn't always the brightest thing, but I must give credit where credit is due, he knows when to walk away.

The kids will be awake soon, I must grab myself something quickly, before the real chaos begins. I enjoy a bite to eat then make my way outside to start my day. The air is crisp so early. There is still dew on the grass, this should turn out to be a beautiful spring day. These are my favorite times, sitting outside on the porch enjoying the view.

The birds are out in full force this morning, singing and flitting about from this tree to that. I have always been fascinated with the birds in the morning, so happy, not a care in the world. I watch them contently. A hummingbird buzzes by to get a drink of the red liquid provided by the bird feeder. It hovers hesitantly, assessing the situation and decides that it is safe for now, lands delicately on the perch and takes a sip, stopping now and then to flit back and make sure the coast is still clear. It watches me, apparently decides that I am not much of a threat, and continues with its morning meal. Another swoops in to claim a spot and the chase is on. They are so fast I cannot keep up with them. My attention switches to the squirrels running around the tree. I hear them chittering to each other as they play.

From inside the house, I hear the children waking. So much for quiet time enjoying the lovely spring morning. I wander back indoors to see how things are going. The kids are already wound up and loud, time for breakfast for them. They sit and eat and discuss plans for the day. I am ready for another nap. The kids are busy eating and I seize my opportunity to sneak back to the bedroom.

I curl up in to the warm inviting blankets, the sun is still shining through the curtains, but now it provides a warm spot from the chill I still have from my time outside. Perhaps I can get back into that dream I was so rudely interrupted from earlier. I start to doze when I hear footsteps in the hallway. Just a few more minutes, please, I think to myself. I feel the weight of someone else on the bed, and feel a hand gently placed on my head. The hand caresses from the top of my head down my neck to my back, I stretch against and begin to purr softly. My lady has come to give me some attention. I lay back down and enjoy the quiet sounds of her talking to me, purring louder as she continues to stroke my soft, silky fur.

Yes... these are the mornings that I love best.

Stephanie Pazicni Karfelt said...

Norman Bates
Once Upon a Time a little girl’s stupid parents promised to get her a cat if she would move to Iceland. At the time they promised this, Angel’s tiny fingers were clutched to the door jamb of her lovely house in a sunny land.
“You will like Iceland,” they lied, “it snows there, all the way up to the windowsills!” (This is a lie, because it actually snows up to the rooftops in Iceland.)
Angel wasn’t buying it, so they threw in the cat deal.
At the SPCA Angel picked out a kitten with several extra toes on each paw. She felt sorry for it. She didn’t understand about inbreeding. Neither did she connect the tiny black and white kitten to its feral mother, yowling and slamming her body against a nearby cage. Angel named the kitten Oreo, because it was black and white. (Nor did Angel understand politically incorrect.)
Oreo did not understand the refrigerator door rule. You know the one. Where a person pushes the door shut, while walking away, unaware that the kitten scuttled across the floor to peep inside. He crawled under the couch, where Angel’s stupid parents assumed he would be transported to kitten heaven. No such luck, fortunately that did not happen. Instead he darted out demanding blood sacrifices for the offense, and stealing entire loaves of bread to consume with primitive growls of joy.
Scary little Oreo, tiny kitten that he was, got to go outside because he stood at the door and spoke in a deep man voice and said, “OUT, OUUUUUT, OUUUUUUUUUT,” over and over. Until Angel’s parents were a little afraid not to allow it. So they allowed it and hoped for the best, which may not mean what you think it means, but dang if he didn’t come back. Every time.
It soon became apparent that the not so sweet little inbred kitten was in fact, a serial killer. Woodland creatures (and some neighbors) far and wide feared him. The body count rose, but in the spirit of Hannibal Lector, Oreo did not waste his victims...Angel averted her eyes from the carnage, but didn’t protest when her parents renamed her kitten Norman Bates after the dude in Psycho. Norm liked to greet children at the front door and chase them through the house, he really liked if they screamed, and gave them plenty of reason to do so. Angel took to wearing socks on her arms to protect herself. The neighborhood children enjoyed playing blood-tag with Norman, and no one sued when the cat tagged them out. They were afraid to. Norm knew where they lived.
In an attempt to keep skin on their daughter and her friends, the stupid parents had the cat declawed, but his nails grew back. Not all twenty-eight of them, but enough to keep the residents of Iceland on their toes. The plan was to keep Norm inside after the failed declawing, but the household became afraid to walk in the dark with the cat inside. Nights were filled with running and screaming (both feline and human) and rescues where several family members had to pry Norman off a screaming victim were common. Stray cats tormented from outside, causing Norman to launch himself against the windows bellowing, “Goooooo hooooooome! Goooooo! Gooooo!” And one night he woke Angel’s mother by standing on her chest and speaking in a low reasonable tone, “Let. Me. Ouuuut.” So out he went again, the scourge of the countryside. So remember this, if you’re ever hiking in Iceland, for the love of light, wear socks on your arms.

DM Kilgore said...

No rules other than FOLLOW and COMMENT. ;)

DM Kilgore said...

Amazing job Angela! LOVE IT! =) Thank you for playing along and good luck!

DM Kilgore said...

I'm rolling with laughter... but have the strangest sensation this isn't entirely fictional. (Checks doors and windows, grabs an extra pair of socks)

That was great (as always) Stephanie! Thanks for playing and good luck!

Kelsey-plain and simple said...

I VOTE STEPHANIE! I VOTE STEPHANIE!

Angie said...

I love it!

Jerry Barton said...

I vote for Angela!

Jerry Barton said...

I vote for Angela!

DM Kilgore said...

Jerry your vote has been counted! =) Thanks for dropping by!

DM Kilgore said...

Got it! Thanks for dropping by Kelsey. ;) You know there is still time to post one of your own. Hint Hint LoL

ModerateRep said...

Angela has my vote! Great lead up to the ending!

Missy Lynne said...

I vote for Norman Bates. Long live Oreo!

Missy Lynne said...

I vote for Norman Bates. Long live Oreo!

DM Kilgore said...

Got it! Thanks for dropping by!

DM Kilgore said...

Got it! Thank you for dropping by! =)

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.