Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Friday, January 25, 2013

Ice Ice Baby... Meow.

January 25, 2013
Friday, 12:08 am

Weight:  201  blah!


Coffee Consumption: 1 cup and didn't bother to measure the Creamer.  Oops!

Chocolate Report:  Okay... in my defense the box said "weight watchers" on it.

Dear Diary,


I have eight dogs and one cat in my house tonight because of the winter ice-storm warning.  I rounded them all up and brought them in about 9 o'clock.  Only 3 of the 8 dogs are "mine" and only 4 of them are completely housebroken. 

The cat meowed, strutted into the living room, and fell over in the floor.  He hasn't moved.  I think he's playing dead.  Lexi hates everything in the house... the cat, the other dogs, the television, the air blowing out of the floor registers, and especially the scary appliances that make odd noises.  She's attacking everything that moves by yipping at it and jumping up and down.  Shadow is hiding in her crate.  Blackie is trying to maintain his "Top Dog - This is MY house" status by kicking his back leg around while barking maniacally.  Merribelle and Sadie are having a staring contest aka stand-off.  Sookie is more confused than ever and is running back and forth to check out the action and then go hide under the bed.  Damon is in full blown LOVE ME NOW mode and doesn't even seem to realize there are 8 other animals in the house.  And the three-legged, 60 lb. foster shag rug called Daisy is dancing and barking at the cat, the other dogs, and the ceiling.

All of this because the news made it sound like we were going to get this tonight:
 

  

Of course, now they are saying:

"the computer forecast models continue to delay the onset of any precipitation until well after sunrise."

Well, it's too cold to trek back outside and get everyone settled back into their kennels.  I guess it's an all-night doggie slumber party with special guest cat!  Let the good times begin.  Or not.  If only they could all get along, quietly.  But no... there has to be a barker, and a growler, a yipper, and meower, and a lot of click-click-click parading up and down the hallway.  They have no concept of "some of us have to be up early to go to work in the morning".  They don't understand "bedtime".  They are dogs.  And cat. 

Such is the life of the animal lover who devotes her "spare" *ha ha what a joke* time to saving dogs who have been abandoned in kill shelters.  My rant is as follows:  SPAY & NEUTER.  Do not get a dog if you can't handle commitment.  Do not get a dog if you are going to lose interest when they become less "cute" and more "gray" around the muzzle.  Dogs are for life.  Not lawn ornaments.  Not toys.  Not disposable.  I dream of a world where dogs take bad owners to the kill shelter.  Harsh?  Not really... not if you have seen what I have seen.  And for heaven's sake if you are going to get a dog.... ADOPT don't shop!  I'll stop now before I get on a tangent.  But really, where are people's brains?

Ahem.

Today, I spent the afternoon developing the characters for Eternal Providence and debating a good day to take a research trip to Providence TN.  Soon as the weather improves I'm off to check out the town, take some pictures, and do some historical investigating.  I'm excited!  

I have to give it to my muse... she was on a roll this afternoon.  She must have been the first in line at Starbucks this morning.  She was fired up by the time she got here!  I only wish she'd have thought to bring me a mocha latte.  Stingy thing.  I guess I'll have to settle for my morning Folger's.  

A new character came to mind while I was working.  It has changed the basis of the story significantly.  A lot of story fell into place with the addition of a small boy named Toby.  I spent a long time working on secondary characters.  I have names, careers, and "your part" of the story for each.  

I've taken to using multiple tools to organize my thoughts and after today... I really wish someone would create a writing program that combines Scrivener, Movie Outline, Character Writer, and Writer's Cafe.  I think that this combo would wind up being my end-all-be all of writing software!

I enjoy the Writer's Cafe a lot but am still having some trouble learning to use it properly so that it is most effective.  Scrivener is good and does what I need but it lacks some of the bells and whistles of Cafe.  Character Writer is a wonderful tool for fleshing out the characters in the initial stages of prepping for my story.  I don't think I could do without it!  And... I think Movie Outline might just be my new handy secret weapon for organizing my thoughts in order to build a great working outline.

Diary, can you keep a secret?  I think this story is going to be even more fun to write than FJ has been.  Maybe it's just that FJ is a bit dark and deadly... but this whole fantasy/paranormal young adult genre is really fun.

I cannot believe it's 1 am already.  I better get to bed.  (Which means I'll curl up in bed with Kevin O'Brien's "Killing Spree" until I can no longer hold my eyes open.)

Before I go, I just have to share my joy.   Writing wasn't the only highlight of my day!

You see Diary, today was yet another blessed day for my family.  My mother came through her surgery fine and the doctor is 99.99% sure it's not cancer.  Hallelujah.  My parents have had enough cancer fighting in the last 5 years to last a lifetime.  Thank you Jesus for answered prayers.  The pathologist said Sarcoidosis.  We will know for sure in two weeks.  We can handle that, because we are just overjoyed that it is NOT cancer.  Praise the Lord.  God is SO good. 
The animals have finally settled down, Thing 1 has stopped playing guitar, and Thing 2 has stopped yelling, "BooYA! Boogity boogity!  Take that!".  NOW is as good a time as any to announce "Lights Out!" and get them all to bed.  

I've lined up crates, pillows, and blankets for the members of the canine slumber party unit.  Let's hope they don't fight over who gets the orange pillow and the pink blanket.  Dogs are color blind, right?   

The cat is on his own. 


 
               

PS  I'm still giving away random goodies!  If you are following over there in that list to the right... you're already entered.  If you're not, follow now.  I'm just going to pick a random follower to surprise with a goody whenever the urge strikes me. 
 
 
~ * ~

This daily dose of DM brought to you by the crazy dog lady version of the blue monkey
who was too tired to proof read this post for typos.  Please forgive me!


 

2 comments :

Stephanie Pazicni Karfelt said...

That is totally my car in that picture. Really. My muse isn't the first one in line for coffee in the morning. She works 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. She never brings me coffee either, but you and your awesomesauce giveaways did. That makes you my muse for awhile. So I'm off to ponder color-blind dogs, as you requested.

DM Kilgore said...

I'm always happy to encourage the addictions of others. ;) Speaking of... how is that no choco going for you?

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.