Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Can I get a cloning machine and a pot of coffee over here?

January 22, 2013
Tuesday, 8:47 pm

Weight:  202  (grrr- where did those 3 lbs come from?)

Coffee Consumption: 1 cup and only 1 tbsp of Creamer.  Whoop!

Chocolate Report:  Okay... I admit it.  I caved.  I had a bowl of cocoa-kripies.  Those little elves are just so evil.  They practically forced me to pour a bowl of snappin', cracklin', poppin' choco!

Dear Diary,

Did you miss me?  I sure missed you.  Each morning I thought I'd be able to get together with you over coffee.  Each afternoon I told myself we'd have lunch.  Every evening I hoped to see you over dinner... or at the very least over desert.  Sadly, it just didn't happen.  It's been a crazy busy few days.  But, here I am, finally.  So, let's catch up!

I've been really busy writing.  I've been really busy with school work.  I've been really busy introducing loving dogs to prospective new families.  I've been busy with being a wife and a mommy and all that that implies.  I've been busy.  Busy, busy, busy.  

Diary... I'm tired.  It's only Tuesday.  Whatever shall I do?  Today around 4pm I became so sleepy that I considered a second cup of coffee.  I even considered an entire pot.  


 Then I read online that an apple was a better choice for the afternoon slump.  Supposedly, an apple's natural sugar content gives you more of a boost than a cup o' joe.  I figured I'd give it a shot.  It didn't wake me up.  It did make me hungry.  I'm not sure why.  Do you get hungry when you eat an apple?  I find the same thing happens if I eat an orange.  Ironic that the healthy snacks make me ravenous.  Ravenous me likes choco and Doritos.  This is a serious problem for yours truly.

It's cold here today.  Two pair of socks and an extra thick sweater cold.  Brrr.  I hate typing with cold fingers.  I've decided that wearing fingerless gloves helps.  I feel rather silly sitting here wearing my Hot Topic fingerless gloves.  My hands are warm but my son's eye-rolling "your too old for that" look lingers in my mind.  Just between me and you... I have my eyes on some saucy lace-up goth boots I saw while buying my gloves.  Yes, son is right, I am too "old" for that look... but who says I can't wear them in the privacy of my own home?  They would go pretty well with my gloves... maybe not so much with my Granny Sweater and wooly hunting socks.  

I'm a fashionista in my own way.

It's really not my fault.  I did grow up in the era of jelly shoes, shoulder pads, hammer-pants, and painter caps.  Speaking of which...

Has anyone else noticed the return to the 80's
fashion du'jour? 

I swear all that is missing is rat tails and poodle perms!  I knew the 80's were coming back!


I've got a memoir to write for my creative writing class.  I've got another blog post to finish up for BMW.  But later on... when it's quiet in the house and all are sleeping...

I am going to dive into Eternal Providence.  I'm so excited about this new story!  I am also going to spend some time reworking the new starting point of Final Judgment.  It needs a lot of work, but I know what needs to be done.  Speaking of what needs to be done...  Did I mention I'm tired?  I could really use a cloning machine.  I need at least five of me.  So much to do.  So little time.  So little energy.  Maybe a coffee drip?




So, for now Diary, this is goodnight.


PS  I'm still giving away random goodies!  If you are following over there in that list to the right... you're already entered.  If you're not, follow now.  I'm just going to pick a random follower to surprise with a goody whenever the urge strikes me. 

THIS WEEK'S WINNER IS PATRICIA MACIAS!  

Patricia send me a pm over on FACEBOOK with your mailing address.

~ * ~

This daily dose of DM brought to you by a very busy blue monkey
who just can't figure out how to get it all done before time's up!

2 comments :

J. S. Bailey said...

I seriously just posted something on Facebook about needing an army of clones...

And in regards to your question, I ate an apple today and it made me hungrier.

DM Kilgore said...

I think we should investigate the mysterious apple as a healthy diet food myth. LoL

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.