Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Day In The Life...

Sometimes I wonder...

I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to quit my brown monkey job to be a sahm.
I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to homeschool my special needs son.
I wonder what I was thinking when I agreed that the housework was my "job".
I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to write a novel.
I wonder what I was thinking when I started to blog.
I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to go back to school, at age 40.
I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to write another novel, before finishing the first one.
I wonder what I was thinking when I thought I could do college while teaching 4th grade.
I wonder what I was thinking when I began this whole "I'll just rescue one dog at a time" mission.
I wonder what I was thinking when I rescued another dog, then another, then another, etc.
I wonder what I was thinking when I decided to stop blogging on two of the four blogs I blog on.
I wonder what I was thinking when I started hosting contests and giving away prizes here.

Then I pause long enough to stop wondering what I was thinking and begin wondering why.

I wonder why I'm the only one that can see the empty toilet paper rolls and full garbage cans.
I wonder why the cat thinks it is his duty to roll over so the dogs can maul him.
I wonder why Sookie squeals instead of barks, runs into walls, and can't walk on linoleum.

Then I pause long enough to wonder why I wonder why.  Then I start wondering if.

I wonder if it going to rain, or be cold, or both, or neither tomorrow.
I wonder if the new medicine is making me feel funky or if it's something else.
I wonder if watching scary movies before bed is a bad idea.
I wonder if it's possible to read more than one book at a time without getting so confused.
I wonder if this town will ever have a book store.

Finally...

I wonder if all this wondering is getting me anywhere at all.

Then I get back to work.

That said, here's your Daily Dose of DM
The whole truth and nothing but the truth!


Tuesday, January  8, 2013
Home. Living room.  TV is on, no one else is in here. I'm not watching it.  I wonder why it is on.
 

12:36 am.  What? Okay, so it's not Tuesday now it's officially Wednesday.  Oh well.  This is Tuesday's dose all the same. 

Weight: 206 and holding... sigh.

Food Consumed:  Copious amounts of coffee (heavy on the Gourmet French Vanilla), steak with baked potato and salad for lunch, burger (plain) for dinner.  I'm carb/fat loading today to prep for the new reduction in calories tomorrow.  I've decided to customize the plan by combining Thurmond and Paleo.  Both worked great for me but they have their "flaws".  I'm combining to reduce the failure potential and increase my weight loss.  Let's see how this works.  In my head it all makes sense.


Daily Calorie Budget: 1,200 / Net calories: 1,359 (whoo! That's good considering I was loading!)

Exercise: Typing (2 hours),  Recumbent bike (30 minutes), Vacuuming/Housework (1 hour) I forgot to tally the calories burned... ooopsie.

The Truth:

I've got no real news, no complaints, and am just living on love and faith these days.  I'm sleepy but not enough to really sleep.  Last night I had crazy bad nightmares.  Maybe the new meds.  Not sure.  I simply HAVE TO work on getting back to a normal sleep schedule.


Today's moment with God: 

…for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4

There is nothing we can give to God. We must rely on Him for everything—even our faith. When we accept it as His precious gift, we find victory over sin and trials. We could never have this victory if we relied only on our own tenuous faith. “Faith does not always provide exemption from suffering, but it does keep us from being defeated at the hands of suffering.”

Reflection: Today I will rely on the Lord to walk by faith and not by sight, no matter what happens. Lord, help me to ignore Satan’s lies and live victoriously today by faith in the hope which only You can give and restore.

Standing Strong Through The Storm
A daily devotional message by author Paul Estabrooks


Time with family and/or friends:  phone calls / text messages / facebook /email.  Sad I know.

Word Count Goal: 2,500 / Actual Word Count: 2,854 (GRIN)

Currently Reading: 

Havah
, by Tosca Lee (Chapter 5) This is a must read.

Speaking of Tosca Lee... I CANNOT WAIT FOR ISCARIOT!

Don't Say A Word by Beverly Barton (Chapter 4) Didn't make any progress here today.

Bible: Didn't do the "daily reading" but what I read I already posted above. ;)

Thing 2 and I are still reading the Magic Tree House Series, by Mary Pope Osborne.  We're still on book three, Mummies In The Morning (Chapter 6).

Bible Study:  Beth Moore's Daniel (Week 6)

It's now  1:16 am. 


SO TELL ME...
WHAT DO YOU WONDER ABOUT?

*As always random prizes - just follow and comment!*

2 comments :

Ramirez said...

If I were to sit here and wonder I'd never get done wondering and nothing else would get done. I love to wonder though I guess that makes me lazy. :) I'm not going to wonder about that right now, I have too much to do. I'll wonder about it tonight. I don't need to sleep or anything. I can wonder all night. :D

DM Kilgore said...

My brain wonders and wanders all night... no wonder I'm so tired. ;)

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.