Life's a collision course and I'm a crash test dummy.
Brace for impact!
Join me on a kamikaze run through life as we break down the barriers that keep us from reaching our goals.
Together we will dream more, learn more, do more, and become more on a whirlwind journey of personal discovery and development.

IMPORTANT:

Bookmark my blog because new content is added daily!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The World Can't End! At Least Not Yet!

The Mayans Can't Be Right!



Why?

Well, because there are just too many things I'm looking forward to.
ALL of which fall after December 21, 2012.
So, they can't be right.  No. Nope. Nada.
NOT GONNA HAPPEN!



There is a lot of talk about eschatology right now.  And I'm okay with the study of end time prophecy. In fact,  our lady's bible study group is currently doing the Beth Moore study on the book of Daniel.

If you haven't done this study, and you get the chance,
DO IT.  I'm not going to go into it, because once I get started I can't stop!  It's all MIND BLOWING and EPIC stuff!

One word: WHOA
Just WHOA!


I love our lady's group and must say this study is the best I've done with them so far.  I look forward to each lesson so much.  Sunday nights cannot get here fast enough to suit me.  This is a very timely study right now too.


And that brings me back around to why I'm not okay with things ending in December this year. 
There are a lot of WHOA things happening in the coming months, and I'm very excited about them!

So, I thought it might be fun to post about a few of the reasons I'm not ready for the end!

Naturally, they involve a few of my favorite things:  Books. Music. Movies.

I'm listing these in this order because I believe in LADIES FIRST!

REASON #1

 TOSCA LEE   RELEASES HER NEW BOOK ISCARIOT!
                          Coming February 5 2013

Iscariot, a novel of Judas

Judas... what have we missed?
Is it possible that 2000 years of tradition have gotten it all wrong?
Would you have done the same? 


If you haven't read Tosca Lee, all I can say is what are you waiting for! You are missing out! I dove into her story "Demon, A Memoir" and found myself mesmerized by the world she creates... the story she tells!  Her writing is thought-provoking, eloquent, beautiful, intense, powerful, and passionate.  I closed that book not realizing how moved I was until I let out the breath I'd been holding.  It was a story I only thought I knew.  It is a book you will never forget.  You can read my review of it here: GoodReads

Tosca Lee also wrote "Havah, The Story Of Eve".  I can't even dive into all my thoughts on that one at this time. I do need to write a review, a glorious, raving review, but time is short tonight and once started... well we all know I have trouble stopping.  

I had that problem with both Demon and Havah.  I didn't want to put them down.  I had to finish them and once I had I was sad the magic had ended.  I'm looking very forward to reading Iscariot!

Tosca Lee also co-writes The Books Of Mortals Series with Ted Dekker. "Mortal" and "Forbidden" are available now, so be sure you check them out too!

Tosca is an amazing writer and a really cool person with amazing tastes in shoes.  Yes, yes.  I got to meet her, my copy of Demon is signed, and I've had the immense privilege of talking to her via Facebook now and then.  She really lets her fans be a part of her world.  I love that.  I'm a total fan-girl about the whole thing.

I met Tosca during one of the most amazing weekends of my life.  I'd love to tell you all about it right now...

But I can't.  It's part of this week's game.  Trivia time!

*** TRIVIA QUESTION 1 ***

WHERE DID I MEET TOSCA LEE?

*** TRIVIA QUESTION 2 ***

WHAT AM I MOST REMEMBERED FOR BY THE OTHER PEOPLE THERE?

*This is going to be tough for some of you... so you are allowed to seek out a BLUE MONKEY to help you with the answer!  Are you wondering where on earth you will find a BLUE monkey?

Try here: BLUE MONKEYS


REASON #2

 RED RELEASES THEIR NEW ALBUM! 
          Coming, you guessed it, February 5th 2013.

 

RELEASE THE PANIC  

 I can't wait!

With Tosca's book in one hand and my new RED CD in the other...
It will feel like the "Perfect Life"  ;)


If you are a RED fan then you know this is a new sound for them.  I for one am kind of digging it.  For those of you that have the privilege of knowing me (hahaahaa) you already know about my RED obsession.  For those that don't...

I came across this band one night, many years ago (2003).  I had taken my oldest son to see Seether, Three Days Grace, and Breaking Benjamin.  Skillet was listed to perform.  At that time I hadn't heard of Skillet.  When we got there and saw Skillet had been replaced by Red, I turned to several people in line and said, "Who's Red?"  No one around me knew.  I did the shoulders shrug realizing it didn't matter.  Seether, Three Days, and Breaking Benjamin were going to be awesome!

And they were.  They were all awesome... but one band stood out, really blew me away, and to me blew the other bands away.  RED.  The passion and intensity was tangible.  I'd never seen anything like them and I'd never heard anything like them either!

I went to the merchandise booth and bought their CD.  Mike Barnes, the lead singer was there and he signed my CD for me.  I told him how absolutely blown away I was.  He was my height, black eyeliner - rather smeared from the performance, shaved head, and quietly gracious.  I couldn't imagine how he got all that VOICE and screaming out with such a soft speaking voice.  He was very sincere with his thank you and I could tell he really was pleased I'd enjoyed the show.  Had he known I'd be an obsessive RED stalker after that he might not have been so gracious.  ;)

I've been to many shows since, each more epic than the last.  I've hung out with them, been on their guest list, sat on the bus with them during the acoustic experience.  It was all super cool for an old lady like me.  My oldest began playing guitar, idolizing Anthony and Randy.  The little fella took up with Joe and we had to buy drums and get lessons.  It's become a family obsession now.  We love our RED.  But the coolest moment ever was... 

Oh wait.  I can't tell you that.  It's also part of the trivia this week.  

*** TRIVIA QUESTION 3 ***

WHAT IS MY FAVORITE RED SONG & WHY?

*Hint- you might find some hints at my other blog.

*** TRIVIA QUESTION 4 ***

WHAT WAS MY COOLEST RED EXPERIENCE EVER? 

*Hint: You can find it on Youtube, posted by officialred, June 30, 2011, and RedVevo, May 27, 2011

REASON # 3

This is where it gets really fun, and a bit challenging.  

There are actually two things that go together here and I'm not going to tell you either of them.  I'm going to give you clues.  You have to figure it out on your own.  That is phase three of the little game I want to play this week.  So, that said here are your clues:

You're looking for two movies.
There are 5 films in the franchise so far.
One of my favorite actors stars in all but the third movie.
These are based on a remake of the original film from 1939.
The next film in the series will be released in May 2013.
The following film does not have a release date at this time.

*** TRIVIA QUESTION 5 ***
TELL ME: the name of the film franchise, the names of the next two films, and the actor that has me squealing my tires as I race to the theater to see them!


RULES/HOW TO ENTER:

*If you are a Blue Monkey be sure to follow these rules as well as the special monkey rules below!*

 

ALL PLAYERS- YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE GRAND PRIZE:

1.  FOLLOW THE REALM BLOG!
 

You must follow AND comment to be eligible!

2.  COMMENT BELOW!
 

Tell me in a comment below: What are you looking forward to in 2013?

3.  EMAIL THE TRIVIA ANSWERS! 

DO NOT post the answers to the trivia in the comments below! 

Instead please send an email with the subject line "TRIVIA" to dm@dmkilgore.com 

Answer all 5 questions correctly and be entered in a random drawing to win the following:

Grand prize-

A copy of Iscariot, by Tosca Lee
A copy of Red's Release The Panic CD
A Fandango Gift Card

Naturally, I cannot send you items that haven't been released yet.  So your prize will be mailed in February 2013... unless the Mayans are right. Bwhaahaa!  

BUT... I'm not going to make you wait that long to get a cool prize!!!

So, I've decided the grand prize winner will also receive a surprise gift this month, and one in January too!  And I'll even send two runners up a surprise gift as well!

FACEBOOK BONUS PRIZE:

I will also reward two random winners with a bonus surprise for posting the comment:

"TRIVIA TIME WITH DM!" and the link to this contest on your Facebook page!  Be sure to post a comment to my Facebook Page to let me know you're sharing for a bonus prize!  If you haven't liked the page on FB yet, please do so while you're there!

Hey, tis the season to be jolly and giving is better than receiving and all that jazz, right?

SPECIAL MONKEY RULES:  You can still play but you must send me ONE player who doesn't know me like you do! A monkey of another color is fine!

Have them follow the rules as stated above but also include your name and that you sent them in their comment and trivia answer email. 

The Facebook bonus prize is optional but if they play and comment to my wall tell them to let me know you sent them.

Well don't just sit there.  

 Go.  Seek answers!  

If the Mayans are right you don't have long to enter! 

Muwahahahaaa


Oh, in case the world doesn't end...
This contest does.


 
On December 21, 2012.  Midnight.


Come on, like you didn't see that coming.


I will post the winners on Saturday, December 22, 2012...

If we're still alive. ;)


*Disclaimer:  All end-world claims are for humorous effect. No, I don't really think the world is going to end.  No, I don't want you to panic and start stock-piling toilet paper.  No, I'm not suggesting we all freak out and run around with cardboard signs.  Yes, I want you to read, smile, and ponder the little things you're looking forward to in life.  Yes, I want you to enter to win some cool prizes. 

If Jesus does come back before I post the winners, well... that is a prize I cannot top.  ;)

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come." (NIV, Mark 13:32-33)







2 comments :

Ramirez said...

Hi Donna,
I was about to post this really long comment about the Mayas and all the hype. The Mayas never said the world would end on 12/21/12.
I loved the cartoon picture. I'm going to show it to my hubby.

I'm going to go search for the answers now. BYE!

DM Kilgore said...

Happy Hunting!!! =)

Post a Comment

Greetings Realm-Rider! Thank you for hopping aboard the crazy train. I applaud your curiosity and courage. You have reached your destination: The Realm of D.M. Kilgore. There's lots to see and even more to do. Don't forget to grab a crash helmet! Oh, and before you go, let me know about your visit! Drop me a comment, question, or just let me know where your journey began. Don't just lurk in the shadows! Leave me a comment! You're automatically entered to win a prize when you do.